Commercial Trading Assistant
The ideal candidate will be organised, self – motivated, ambitious, a good communicator with problem solving abilities. The candidate will also be flexible and adaptable to meet the company’s needs. A team player who is also able to work on their own initiative, with good time management skills. An awareness of cultural diversity is also required.
The purpose of the Trading Assistant is to support the senior trading/account Managers to manage all aspects of the day to day running of our customer accounts, buying, organise logistics. The assistant will also be expected to have a commercial outlook to establish new customer opportunities and maintain existing business. There is opportunity to specialise in a specific market and progress to Management level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Sourcing fresh produce for resale from Ireland and around the world.
• Ensuring delivery of fresh produce within specific timeframes in adherence to Food Hygiene Safety Standards.
• Coordinating the sourcing, transport, forecasts for fruit & vegetable products with full commercial awareness.
• Supporting the Account management function in a fruit & veg category, promoting profitability.
• Engaging with suppliers and customers with a high standard of service.
• Ensuring that quality and product specification procedures are always followed.
• Awareness of operating costs around packaging, handling, transportation, and storage.
• Support the Trading team in devising, implementing, and executing a promotional plan which will include NPD and promotional offers.
• Weekend cover on a rotating basis is a requirement.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• 3 + years of relevant experience within a sales or trading environment
• A proven track record of account management and achieving results.
• Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
• Proven experience in Sales.
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
• The ability to multi-task.
• Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt your style to suit the situation.
• The person should have high levels of organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to work within a fluid, fast paced environment.
• An understanding of formal procurement / tender processes.
• Experience in the Fresh produce or FMCG industry would be a distinct advantage.
• Ambitious with a drive to succeed in Trading role.
• Relationship building and development internally and externally.
• Ability to react quickly in a very fast-moving environment.
• Ability to work independently within a structured environment.
• High level of attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills.
Salary: Very competitive salary depending on experience & qualifications.
Location: Donnelly Fresh Produce, St. Margaret’s, Co Dublin