Blending innovation and imagination, donnelly fresh. foods create exciting bespoke fresh food solutions for Ireland’s top retailers and foodservice outlets.
Highly driven individual with extensive knowledge in manufacturing, ideally in a fresh food business. A creative yet commercial mind set willing to challenge existing processes constantly seeking to improve them. A proven ability to make complex processes simple and sustainable.
- Reports to the Financial Controller
- Have a close working relation with NPD, Production, Procurement and Sales teams.
- Engage with production team to ensure costings are accurate and kept up to date.
Main duties & responsibilities:
To provide accurate costings information, key commercial sales, and margin analysis. Duties will include the following:
- Complete initial costings for all new products, highlight the selling price needed for the margin required.
- Maintain all costings (circa 300), ensuring all are up to date for ingredients and packaging pricing and the labour is accurately stated on each product costing.
- Track distribution spend each month and ensure it is in line with the standard.
- Monitor weekly ingredients and packaging spend, comparing to the standard and highlighting areas of significant increases and the impact to margin re the increases.
- Prepare detailed analysis on cost increases and advise on selling price increase needed to offset the cost increase.
- Continuously seek to improve on costings accuracy and build more efficient costing methods.
- Monitor customer selling prices, customer margin by product and advise on any customer price increases.
- Create/improve on a monthly standard v actual margin report – highlighting areas of significance.
- Complete weekly KPI reports on labour spend, highlighting areas of concern.
- Oversee/Improve stock takes and ensure the count is accurately done, update stock sheets for up-to-date costings.
- Assist with month end process, posting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations etc.
- Assist with AP and AR when required.
- Assist with budget preparation, monitor actual spend to budget and carry out reviews with cost line owners ensure actual spend is in line with budget.
- Create/improve work instructions for finance related tasks.
- Ad hoc financial work as required by the needs of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, advanced knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experienced in working to tight reporting deadlines.
- Experience implementing an ERP system a distinct advantage.
- Managing complexity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to muti-task and prioritize.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mind set with a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work closely with other teams.
Education & Experience:
- Degree educated (in accounting or associated discipline)
- May suit a recent graduate.
- 1-3 years’ previous experience, within manufacturing an advantage but not essential
- Very competitive package, based on level of experience.