Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will lead the on-site Health & Safety requirements of the company and ensuring that this is performed in line with company policy & Quality standards.
We are BRC certified so there is a strong emphasis on Quality, HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practice.
To be successful, the Health & Safety Officer should be able to lead and coach the Production team, to ensure that they deliver on their objectives to the highest Health & Safety Standards.
A confident leader of people with an engaging, and grounded approach the Health & Safety Officer will embrace and live the company values to inspire a continuous improvement across all areas of Health & Safety.
The ideal candidate will be organised, self – motivated, ambitious, a good communicator with problem solving abilities. The candidate will also be flexible and adaptable to meet the company’s needs. A team player who is also able to work on their own initiative, with good time management skills. An awareness of cultural diversity is also required.
- Developing method statements and risk assessments
- Proactive monitoring of all operational safety performance
- Implementing and monitoring the company safety management system
- Coordinating training for all departments in a timely & regulated manner
- Weekly reporting to the Operations manager on project progress, key safety KPI’s and team feedback
- Delivery of operational safety management systems and coordination of safety projects for the donnelly fresh team.
- Reviewing & constantly updating to reflect legislative changes or any new requirements within the business
- Attending management meetings as required
Health & Safety Officer Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role ideally within a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Must have a Health & Safety Qualification (Minimum level 6), in addition, Manual Handling Instructor training, VDU Assessor Training & First Aid would be an advantage.
- NEBOSH Certificate or similar qualification also beneficial
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision – planning, organising and prioritising own daily work routine to meet deadlines.
- Strong organisation, attention to detail and practical problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills at all levels
· A proven track record of achieving results with a multicultural workforce.
· Drive compliance through the implementation of company standards
- Experience of leading audits for HSA standards.
- Strong knowledge of HSA legislation and ability to apply into the workplace.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Natural coaching ability.
- Listens to others and builds trust among team members and colleagues.
- Focused and decisive, do not get distracted away from the main business priorities.
- Be courageous, able to speak up even if it feels uncomfortable to do so.
· Very competitive salary depending on experience & qualifications
Please forward your CV directly to Kevin Carroll, Group HR Manager at :