Quality Assurance Officer
This role reports into the Quality Manager.
We are BRC certified so there is a strong emphasis on Quality, HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practice. The ideal candidate will have relevant FMCG experience, be organised, self – motivated, ambitious, a good communicator with problem solving abilities. The candidate will also be flexible and adaptable to meet the company’s needs. A team player who is also able to work on their own initiative, with good time management skills. An awareness of cultural diversity is also required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To update all specifications for our products
- To train new team members on-going Internal Audits
- Approve incoming materials by confirming required specifications.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Completion of daily records/ traceabilities
- Ensuring food safety is maintained throughout the process in accordance with BRC and Bord Bia standards.
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision – planning, organising and prioritising own daily work routine to meet deadlines.
A minimum of a Level 7 qualification (ordinary level degree) in food science or an equivalent field
Experience in a quality role in a similar business is essential.
*Training to be provided on:
- Food standards auditing
- HACCP Introduction or HACCP Implementation & Verification
- Other courses relevant to the role
Excellent attention to detail
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work on own initiatives & lead by example.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Very competitive salary depending on experience & qualifications.