Specifications technologist (Part-time)
Blending innovation and imagination, donnelly fresh. foods create exciting bespoke fresh food solutions for Ireland’s top retailers and foodservice outlets.
For more than two decades donnelly fresh. foods have been developing a wide range of value-added products for Irish consumers. We’re constantly observing the latest food trends and shifts in the market and carving out distinct niches for our customers. We are based in Dublin 15. The company employs 180+ people and produces a wide and varied range of products, from colourful fresh salads, to delicious, prepared vegetables and convenient food-to-go solutions, our bespoke hand finished products set the standard for quality and innovation. Our customers include the major Irish retailers and foodservice operators.
- Completion and review of all own brand and customer product specifications ensuring they accurately reflect the product supplied.
- Maintain an internal review program to ensure all specifications are reviewed on regular basis, but also when changes have been made in process, ingredients, or suppliers.
- Liaising with NPD Manager, customers, and suppliers to ensure all product specifications are reviewed in time for product launches and annually thereafter.
- Completion of customer submission forms, questionnaires, technical and routine requests in timely manner and to agreed deadlines.
- Checking product artwork to ensure compliance with EU legal labelling regulations and customer specific requirements and codes of practice.
- Maintain supplier database, raw material, and packaging specifications, liaise with suppliers, and if necessary, request necessary documentation.
- Screening and risk assessment of new suppliers, raw materials, and packaging to ensure they are suitable prior to use and meet customer and legal requirements.
- Supporting the quality team in conducting raw material and finished product investigations and traceability exercises.
- Supporting NPD, Production and Buying teams with interpretation of food regulations, customer policies and codes of practice for any new developments
- Supporting all external audits and customer visits as required.
- Encourage and help drive the site’s food safety culture, to help prevent deviation in the process that affects the safety, quality, and legality of our products.
Skills & experience required.
- Good experience of specification writing for branded and own brand products for major retailers, food service or major manufacturers and a variety of platforms is essential.
- Previous experience working in the food industry and HACCP knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of current food regulation and legislation; legislative labelling requirements, microbiological standards, and nutritional values.
- Excellent administration and IT skills, and high attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Methodical/meticulous approach to work but flexible enough to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Educated to a degree level in food science or related discipline is desirable.
- Flexibility & Energetic
- Work on own initiative
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a tidy organised way.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Power Point and Excel proficiency
Days/Hours of Work
- 3 days a week / Hybrid working
- Usually 8am-5
- Some flexibility of the above will be required depending on level of business & product launches.
- Very competitive salary, based on level of experience